Registered office address
Harriman House Ltd, Antrobus House, 18 College Street, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU31 4AD, UK VAT number: 626015567, Harriman House Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales, company number 2282981.
2. Browsing the website
2.1 Harriman grants you a licence to access and use this website, but not to make commercial use of any of the content, nor to collect or store any of the product descriptions, images or prices, either manually or using systematic data-mining or data-gathering techniques without the express written permission of Harriman.
2.2 All of the content in the website is the property of Harriman, and enjoys the full protection of UK and international copyright law.
3. Transacting with the website
3.1 When you submit an online order to the bookshop, that submission constitutes an offer to purchase goods from Harriman. On acceptance of the offer by Harriman, your contract is with Harriman, and your statutory rights are with Harriman.
3.2 Harriman’s policy is to charge a customer’s credit or debit card upon order by the customer. Should it not be possible to fulfil an order, Harriman will refund the value of any items that are unavailable. If a customer wishes to cancel an order, they will be able to do so as long as stock to fulfil any given order has not been ordered by Harriman and the order has not already been dispatched. Harriman will bill the card the US Dollar value of the order.
3.3 Harriman will take payment upfront for pre-order items and dispatch the goods when they are released/published, this may be on the day of release or beforehand. If dispatched on the day of release/publish additional time for postage with be incurred and it then out of control of Harriman and passed over to the delivery company.
3.4 Ownership of goods relating remains with Harriman until such time as full payment is received by Harriman from you.
3.5 If the goods ordered by you are subject to a tax or other charge when the package reaches its destination, the liability for paying these charges will be with you, not with Harriman. Harriman has no way of knowing what particular customs and import charges may be in force at any time in any country, and makes no allowance in its pricing policy for such charges. For the purposes of customs and other importation charges, therefore, you assume the role of importer of the goods. Harriman will not be liable to you for any delay or failure of the goods to reach their delivery address because of the detention of a package by customs or other authorities.
3.6 Harriman reserves the right to decline orders, or to cancel orders at its discretion.
3.7 Harriman reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies, and Terms & Conditions at its absolute discretion.
3.8 These Terms & Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Prices quoted on this website are correct to the best of our knowledge. Harriman reserves the right to refuse to sell the product concerned at the lower, incorrect, price advertised on our website. In this situation, we will contact you to tell you what the higher correct price is, and ask whether you wish to continue with the order at this price or cancel the order.
Harriman also reserve the right to refuse sale at a price that has been publicised on the website, or elsewhere if it is incorrect due to error.
5. Returns Policy
– If you receive a book from us in imperfect condition, we will be glad to replace it with another copy in perfect condition. Please Contact us in advance to let us know that you will be returning the book.
– As a general rule, Harriman does not accept returns of books just because they are different from what you expected them to be. The reason we put so much information about books on our website is to enable you to make an informed decision when you purchase them.
– A small charge my be incurred for returning books known as a restocking fee and is charged/deducted at the discretion of Harriman
– We may, in some circumstances, offer to exchange a book which you have bought for another book, but such exchanges need to be agreed with us by email in advance and do not happen as of right.
– If you are in any doubt about which books to buy, please Contact us and ask for advice.